Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I can't find the carby
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an XW/XY Coup'e?

I saw one at the Perth Motor Show, in the car park, about 20 years ago. Looked just like a normal sedan but only two doors.
The guy who owned it said he only knew of two others in Australia and all were imported from America.
I know the Falcon was available there in the XL body shape and using the Falcon name but I have just spent two hours searching the net for any info. Searched under Ford, Falcon, XW, XY, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, Coup'e, two door and combinations of them all and could find nothing about these cars.
100% guaranteed that I did in fact see one.

Anyone else seen one or know someone who owns one or where to look for any info?

No I wasn't on drugs at the time either.

·
The Big Yellow Cruizer
261 Posts
Yes there is an orange coloured 2 door here in Perth, very nice indeed and does come out on selected meetings.
Last time I seen it was on the "blow the cobwebs out" gathering.
Have some pics , but do not know how to post.

·
I can't find the carby
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dodge said:
Thanks for that.
I'm sure the one I saw had the Aussie tail lights and grill, but I could be mistaken, otherwise that is exactly what I saw and it was also white.

Edit: Searched under Futura and found hundreds of them. Did another search under Falcon and got many sites etc. Must have been tired before.

·
Registered
397 Posts
a mate of mine has converted a 221 XW Futura into a 427sideoiler 2x4bbl, toploader, 9inch,4wd, convertalbe with heaps of other body mods, eg steel flared guards, GT500 style bonnet and scoop made out of the steel roof.

·
Registered
995 Posts
im sure the rear tail light from the XY are easy to fit into the rear of them. I have seen 3 of these done up as ozy gt"s

·
Registered
9 Posts
The septics engineered & built what we in OZ know as the XR platform in 1965-66, including a 2 dr & discontinued this platform in '68 without any major sheet steel updates. We in Oz copied the tooling for the sedan & introduced the XR sedan & wagon & ute & Fairlane. We had the choice of either the Fairlaine floorpan or the 2 dr. We chose the Fairlane because of the same wheelbase as the ute etc.
There is no such thing as an OZ factory built 2dr Falcon pre XA series.
The rear quarter panels from the XY series sedan would be a relatively easy graft onto a US XR series 2 dr (ignoring the L to R conversion). Everything ahead of the A-pillar is a direct swap to XY.
Why bother? surely the best would be an unbutchered original car with a shitload of HP & a good chassis?

·
The Big Yellow Cruizer
261 Posts
Why Bother?
Because it is different and unusual.
Having seen this car in the paint on a fair few occassions, I can say that I do admire the efford and outcome.
It is ever so slightly different and the average person has to look more than once to be made aware of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts