Ford Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever seen an Original or Genuine XY GT HO Phase III Falcon with a Factory fitted Automatic Transmission or know how many were built.Also,has anybody ever seen one with a Factory fitted Sunroof???

·
Approach with caution.
1,043 Posts
bradford said:
Has anybody ever seen an Original or Genuine XY GT HO Phase III Falcon with a Factory fitted Automatic Transmission or know how many were built.Also,has anybody ever seen one with a Factory fitted Sunroof???

No auto Phase 3's were ever built, but 21 had sunroofs!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4Vman said:
No auto Phase 3's were ever built, but 21 had sunroofs!!
I also once believed that were no Factory Automatic Transmission XY GT HO Phase III Falcons until one Day I saw one.It was White and had the letter 'H' on the Engine Code on the I.D. Tag and not a Letter 'T'. Also,instead of having the letter 'L' for the Transmission Code which means Four-Speed Manual , it had the letter 'B' for T-Bar Automatic !!! All the typical HO features were there including Rev-Limiter and extra Booster Vaccuum Tank.The guy told me at the time he believed a very small amount of Auto's were made toward the end of XY GT HO Production. It also had a Factory fitted Sunroof and I have never seen or heard of another Auto one since???

·
The Silver Fox
42 Posts
There were rumours of a factory auto Ph 3 running around QLD a number of years back!!! A guy I know swears to have seen it and the tag to prove it, but of course, no physical evidence has ever been produced!!! Story went that it was a special build for a Ford Executive... but until it surfaces again, all it's ever going to be is a rumour!!! :) There is however a factory Ph 1 auto, that is well documented!!!

Cheers

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SuperRoo69 said:
There were rumours of a factory auto Ph 3 running around QLD a number of years back!!! A guy I know swears to have seen it and the tag to prove it, but of course, no physical evidence has ever been produced!!! Story went that it was a special build for a Ford Executive... but until it surfaces again, all it's ever going to be is a rumour!!! :) There is however a factory Ph 1 auto, that is well documented!!!

Cheers
I'm telling you...This is a fact !!! It was at a Show at the old Melbourne Exhibition Building quite a few years ago ,and I have no reason to make this up!!! The guy had a Display Sign for his Cars details in front of his Car and I was reading it and it said at the top it was an XY GT 'HO' and further down it said 'FMX Transmission'.I asked him 'Why did he take out the 4-Speed??' and he said it was a Factory Automatic and he let me have a closer look and check out the I.D. Tag !!! It was definately an XY GT HO Phase III Factory Automatic. It is possible that I took a Picture of the I.D. Tag?? I cannot promise anything.I will do my best check through thousands of old pic's to see if I can find anything, but if I can't prove anything then people can take my word for it or badluck !!!

·
Approach with caution.
1,043 Posts
bradford said:
I'm telling you...This is a fact !!! It was at a Show at the old Melbourne Exhibition Building quite a few years ago ,and I have no reason to make this up!!! The guy had a Display Sign for his Cars details in front of his Car and I was reading it and it said at the top it was an XY GT 'HO' and further down it said 'FMX Transmission'.I asked him 'Why did he take out the 4-Speed??' and he said it was a Factory Automatic and he let me have a closer look and check out the I.D. Tag !!! It was definately an XY GT HO Phase III Factory Automatic. It is possible that I took a Picture of the I.D. Tag?? I cannot promise anything.I will do my best check through thousands of old pic's to see if I can find anything, but if I can't prove anything then people can take my word for it or badluck !!!

What exactly did the plate show? Ford made stamping errors on some plates, the HO was left of a few and wrong codes also typed on the plate, only a check of Fords records will show exactly what the car is, like allways ill be convinced one exists when it shows up and is verified against Fords records, unfortunatly none show up on Fords records either so it will most likely be another UFO..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4Vman said:
What exactly did the plate show? Ford made stamping errors on some plates, the HO was left of a few and wrong codes also typed on the plate, only a check of Fords records will show exactly what the car is, like allways ill be convinced one exists when it shows up and is verified against Fords records, unfortunatly none show up on Fords records either so it will most likely be another UFO..
Well then Ford must have also accidently put in the Mechanical Camshaft,GT HO Glovebox Sticker,Vaccuum Tank,and Rev-Limiter aswell when they accidently clearly stamped a big Capital 'H' for the Engine Code !!!

·
Approach with caution.
1,043 Posts
bradford said:
Well then Ford must have also accidently put in the Mechanical Camshaft,GT HO Glovebox Sticker,Vaccuum Tank,and Rev-Limiter aswell when they accidently clearly stamped a big Capital 'H' for the Engine Code !!!
All those items you list can easily be added to any car!!! :rofl:

Again, ford may have stamped H instead of T in the engine area by accident.

Again... only a check against Fords records will confirm or deny its existance!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive never heard of a phase 3 with an auto either, but have seen about 5 with the factory sunroof here in sydney. Like SuperRoo69 said the phase 1 had i think 2 factory autos built and i think 1 of the two race at bathurst, just like the 1 auto XT GT in 1968.

·
strange cattle them women
260 Posts
Unless I am very mistaken, Ford have never had stall converters as an option on the list, so an auto XYGTHO is just a myth, otherwise it would have lurched into gear, crept through the brakes, and been a pig of a thing to drive.

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
bradford said:
Maybe this was a allocated dealer car?Sounds interesting would be very interesting to see the ID tag. :whoaa:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a full build/option list of every XY GT/HO built.. when I get time I will run through it to see if any HO/auto was ever built.... IMO it will be a waste of time, but will put this topic to a stop.

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
xbgt73 said:
I have a full build/option list of every XY GT/HO built.. when I get time I will run through it to see if any HO/auto was ever built.... IMO it will be a waste of time, but will put this topic to a stop.
Hey Drew have u got the option list on the XB's with the Bathurst type bonnets. :rofl:

·
Registered
55 Posts
FPVGT said:
Hey Drew have u got the option list on the XB's with the Bathurst type bonnets. :rofl:
Yes mate... 2 in 1973

One Yellow Blaze manual
One Red Pepper Auto

Apparently both built for as racing prototypes.

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
xbgt73 said:
Yes mate... 2 in 1973

One Yellow Blaze manual
One Red Pepper Auto

Apparently both built for as racing prototypes.
:rofl: Shit mate you are on the ball today. :beerbottl

·
The Silver Fox
42 Posts
bradford said:
I also once believed that were no Factory Automatic Transmission XY GT HO Phase III Falcons until one Day I saw one.It was White and had the letter 'H' on the Engine Code on the I.D. Tag and not a Letter 'T'. Also,instead of having the letter 'L' for the Transmission Code which means Four-Speed Manual , it had the letter 'B' for T-Bar Automatic !!! All the typical HO features were there including Rev-Limiter and extra Booster Vaccuum Tank.The guy told me at the time he believed a very small amount of Auto's were made toward the end of XY GT HO Production. It also had a Factory fitted Sunroof and I have never seen or heard of another Auto one since???
Another option here is that it could have been an XYGT with a HO engine option... which was available when the XY first came out!!! Unfortunately, the model code for a Phase 3 is the same as a XYGT, so only a check of the date code would tell!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
yes and NO
see the cop intercepts where built the exactly the same as a gt ho all same spec just had no strips and they where autos
so yes really there where xy gt hos with autos but they werent really hos
FORD DIDNT MAKE any GT HOS with autos

·
Approach with caution.
1,043 Posts
SuperRoo69 said:
Another option here is that it could have been an XYGT with a HO engine option... which was available when the XY first came out!!! Unfortunately, the model code for a Phase 3 is the same as a XYGT, so only a check of the date code would tell!!!

I think that theory has been well and truely dis-proven elsewhere!!! :hy:

·
The Silver Fox
42 Posts
xbgt73 said:
That list won't show it... its been looked at before!!! :smlwink:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.