Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, two of them. Got an XY GT at work and wanna see if it's genuine. I don't think it is (looks like a poorly bogged job on Fairmont C pillar badge holes).

Anyone got some pics of a 351 radiator support and the normal support?

Also, original Globes, were are the dates on them? I heard inside the rim somewhere?

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
The Globes arn't going to tell you weather it's an original GT or not, anybody can put Globe's on a vehicle, I have two set's at home, but the date's are cast into the back of one of the spoke's in a round circle with little star's around the date, it will be something like 72-76,your best bet is to look at the number's and verify them, but if it has hole's in the c-pillar where the fairmont's had the badge, then it's starting to sound suss,can you take a pic.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know wheels can be put on, just wanting to see if they are genuine or copies, that's all. I'll try get some pics this week.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it's a 351 body and radiator support, so maybe it is genuine afterall, unless it was a 351 Fairmont.

I'll get pics tomorrow, it's a very clean car, sounds bloody AWESOME! Drives even better.....damn that made my year!

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Even if it's not a genuine GT but a very clean replica the pic's are more than welcomed,I'd love to have a original 351 Fairmont. My old man had a couple of these when he was young but he sold them all when my old's started having us kid's,damn I wish he still had them, I've seen photo's of them and I wonder where they are today.

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
if it's genuine GT then it will have JG33 on the ID plate. if it is a fairmont like you suspect it is, it will have JG34 on the ID plate. thats usually the best way to tell but there are some pretty good mock ups out there that would be hard to pick from a genuine one but there is always a way to tell if you know what your looking for.

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
Thunder Kiss said:
Real GTs have VIN numbers starting with JG33, Fairmonts are JG32 or 34 or some thing.

John_xr6, beat me to it :wnc:
your half right JG32 was Fairmont GXL or Ghia Sedan

JG 34 was just Fairmont sedan

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
i got this out of an old ford book if anyones interested.

JG11 Futura Sedan
JG12 Futura Taxi
JG21 Standard Sedan
JG22 Standard Taxi
JG23 500/GL Sedan
JG24 500/GL Wagon
JG30 Standard Wagon
JG31 500/GL Wagon
JG32 Fairmont GXL/Ghia
JG33 GT Sedan
JG34 Fairmont Sedan
JG35 Fairmont Wagon
JG65 500 Hardtop
JG66 GT Hardtop
JG67 Fairmont Hardtop

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
MMm look's nice pc, but if it were mine I'd get rid of the late model seat belt's, and speaker's and stereo, the centre console is the wrong colour as is the bottom of the door's and the speedo that's susposed to be saddle trim but it look's like it was originally black because it has a mix and match of both,gezz I'm a picky bastard arn't I.

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
galaxy xr8 said:
MMm look's nice pc, but if it were mine I'd get rid of the late model seat belt's, and speaker's and stereo, the centre console is the wrong colour as is the bottom of the door's and the speedo that's susposed to be saddle trim but it look's like it was originally black because it has a mix and match of both,gezz I'm a picky bastard arn't I.
i also agree. if it's a genuine GT then you think the owner would go to more trouble getting it to look original. also from what i can tell its got the fake globes on it, it dos'nt have the vacume tank for the brakes and the shaker looks like a fake. ie no silver lines on top. but dont take this the wrong way i still think it looks good and these parts would be hard to come by if they were missing when the car was bought.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah the Globes are copies.

·
Registered
868 Posts
All XY GT and GT HO Falcons come with Black Dashboard ,Dashpad , Carpet ,Hood lining etc ... wether they came with Black , Saddle Brown or White Interior did't they ???

·
Registered
868 Posts
John_xr6 said:
i also agree. if it's a genuine GT then you think the owner would go to more trouble getting it to look original. also from what i can tell its got the fake globes on it, it dos'nt have the vacume tank for the brakes and the shaker looks like a fake. ie no silver lines on top. but dont take this the wrong way i still think it looks good and these parts would be hard to come by if they were missing when the car was bought.
A Standard XY GT Falcon never had the extra Vaccum Booster Tank...Only the XY GT HO model had this.

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
lukeh said:
A Standard XY GT Falcon never had the extra Vaccum Booster Tank...Only the XY GT HO model had this.
i see!!! why the hell has Toms got one? must have put it on i supose.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts