Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE AN ORIGINAL XYGS 351, TOPLADER,9'',ALL ORIGINAL WITH FACTORY SUNROOF,GLOBE MAGS,SHAKER BONNET THAT I AM CONSIDERING BUYING,IN ORIGANAL WORKING ORDER JUST WONDERING WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS A FOR ITS VALUE FOR PURCHASE ANY HELP APPRECIATED. :fraz:

·
XRGT Start of a Legend
54 Posts
Boxy, without seeing the condition of the car but making a few assumptions thats its in reasonably good knick - it could probably go for 10-15,000 at least - you would need to find out but I don't think any original "GS's" actually came out with shakers but i could be wrong. Also is it still original block, original trim. original colour and paint? will all change its value etc. Need to check the build data with ford to verify the body numbers and if it was indeed a factory sunroof car - be careful its too easy to be fooled into buying something that looks gr8 but isnt what the ID plate says it is
good luck
Wato

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wato,thanks for your reply mate and good advice,i had a quick look yesterday the 20th/dec and believe it to be very original,i know the bloke who owns it and he has only driven it twice as he is a long haul truckie,he said an older gent owned it before him,on inspection it has factory air,which i'm led to believe is quite rare,bathurst globes not sure if original??,it has l&r teardrop mirrors,36gallon tank,black trim all the right dash/wheel and no rust.i rang a bloke today who owns 3 genuinexygt phase 3's he said its worth $25,000 so i guess i will buy it your spot on the note mate.
thanks again...boxy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wato by the way the shaker is not original its a fibreglass repo,but still looks the part

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey boxy, i have a friend with a XY 351 GS 4 speed in electric blue, and tip top show condition all numbers match, he wouldnt sell it for less than 30k.
But as mentioned, color and condition can change cars from 10k (ive seen a few) up to 30k plus
Jeff H

·
XRGT Start of a Legend
54 Posts
Sounds like a really good car Boxy, its hard to value things with so many variables plus the amount of repro stuff makes it hard to know how much of a car is actually genuine and how much has been added. The XY GS's have certainly come up in value since most of them have been turned into "fakers" so a good original car is hard to find. Good luck,sounds great - stick a picture up if you end up buying it.
Wato

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Sound's like a great car, if it is in good condition don't let it get away,it's not every day that you see XY GS's with 351 toploader's etc for sale,show us some pic's if you get her, cheer's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mister_XAGT said:
hey boxy, i have a friend with a XY 351 GS 4 speed in electric blue, and tip top show condition all numbers match, he wouldnt sell it for less than 30k.
But as mentioned, color and condition can change cars from 10k (ive seen a few) up to 30k plus
Jeff H
thanks for the reply jeff,had a real good look and drive today,very original car has air cond,power steer dont know if thats original??,doesnt have 36gal tank on inspection,but doesnt have a stick of rust anywhere i went right over it real nice car,have organised to buy it,the owner said wont take much to turn it into a faker shaker"i said i'll keep it the way it is" by the way its yellow ochre in colour will post pic when i buy it.cheers mate boxy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
galaxy xr8 said:
Sound's like a great car, if it is in good condition don't let it get away,it's not every day that you see XY GS's with 351 toploader's etc for sale,show us some pic's if you get her, cheer's.
sure is a nice car galaxyxr8 but arnt all fords??,going to sort out purchase 2moro,allready own a xwgt & tickford 2001 faimont v8 ghia & hopefully the gs,sound like a capitalist pig hey!!!,no just a humble ford nut.
will post pic cheers mate boxy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mrxrgt said:
Sounds like a really good car Boxy, its hard to value things with so many variables plus the amount of repro stuff makes it hard to know how much of a car is actually genuine and how much has been added. The XY GS's have certainly come up in value since most of them have been turned into "fakers" so a good original car is hard to find. Good luck,sounds great - stick a picture up if you end up buying it.
Wato
Wato YOU SOUND LIKE A SWITCHED ON BLOKE!!,as far as i can see its very original see jeff's post.,still would like to know any info on these vehicles!! numbers etc,do they have the jg23 number on r/h shokie tower????,thanks again mate boxy

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
<----- YAY LONG LIVE THE YELLOW OCHRE GS'es

BTW there is a website somewhere that should have all the trans / trim & color codes.

i can get them off my xy gs (facotry yellow ochre) 6cyl, 2v, toploader, blak trim if you want the codes to compare.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
botch said:
<----- YAY LONG LIVE THE YELLOW OCHRE GS'es

BTW there is a website somewhere that should have all the trans / trim & color codes.

i can get them off my xy gs (facotry yellow ochre) 6cyl, 2v, toploader, blak trim if you want the codes to compare.
BOTCH YOUR THE MAN!!,YES ANY CODES WILL HELP I KNOW ITS JG23 WHICH IS A FALCON 500,I NEED TO KNOW THE OPTION CODES OR DO I GET THEM THROUGH FORD BY TELLING THEM THE SIDO NUMBER OF THE CAR???
CHEERS BOTCH....

BOXY
AND GO THE YELLOW OCHRE GS'S
P.S DID YOU SEE THE ONE IN THE LATEST UNIQUE CARS THATS EXCACTLY LIKE THE ONE I'M BUYING $19,000

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts