Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
The Ford Y-Block's are 239,256,272,292,312 Cubic Inch.There are also some other related Lincoln and Truck HD Y-Blocks which combined are 279,302,317,332,341,368 Cubic Inch.The 279,302 and 332 were only used in trucks.The 302 in this case is not to be confused with the later 302 Windsor,Cleveland,or Boss 302...and the 332 is not the 332 FE version.The 341 and 368 engines mentioned were only fitted to lincolns,but the 317 was used for both the Lincoln and HD Truck applications.

·
ynot-yblock
16 Posts
I'm interested in the adapter and (what appears to be) AOD trans. What adapter did you go with, what troubles did you have, and how does it work? I'm thinking of either an AOD or a t-5 trans for my 57 thunderchicken, and y-block adapters are rare and expensive indeed. Any feedback would be appreaciated!

·
Registered
42 Posts
hi from australia , my 5 speed was standed,plus its in a f700 big truck its a clark 5 speed a big boxs in size i don,t think they fit in cars but it would fit behind your y block they are very low ratio,s to you could pull a lot of chickens with it up hills all day :hy:

·
Registered
42 Posts
raven i have the same ex /manifolds on my truck i hat to turn them back to front because of the steering boxs but better than the old ones :hy:

·
ynot-yblock
16 Posts
f700, you've got a really big truck there! That clark 5 speed will hold up to anything, but it would drag the ground in my t-bird! My wife wants me to do the AOD install pronto, but I'm leaning towards the t-5, (manual) as in a mustang. I told her whichever we get a deal on first is what goes in... We'll see how that works out!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, I tried to attach files but this board only allows about 146K for jpeg and mine are 320K or such.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, I am replacing expansion valve and drier on the Vintage Air in my Victoria. Not exactly what I call a user friendly task.

TC

·
Registered
42 Posts
I me self would go the t5 i think it would be a lot better than the AOD i have read prolbems with the AOD , my 10 tens cents worth :hy: let me how you go ok

·
Registered
13 Posts
The T5 is a blast to drive. My OD is .67:1 so w/ 3.73 rear get about 2,000 RPM @ 70 MPH on the Victoria.

If the wife is gonna drive she will want the auto, BUT if you put the T5 in you get to drive more. ;-)

TC

TC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts