Ford Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
93 Marquis. When cold out and car has been sitting for a long time, overnight, when I crank it in the morning it stalls a few times, is real hesitant, then after about 4 or 5 mintues of running is pretty much goes away! Any idea folks??

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
Any trouble codes? Methinks it may be a faulty intake air temp sensor, though it's a long shot....hmmm...I believe I'll ponder this a bit and see what else I can come up with.

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Intake Air thingy has been changed. I do get check lights when you drive the car. After about 10 minutes of drivig it will kick on. Have never got it check caus during the summer it runs fine. I suspect I may need to have EGR replced, orig at 216k miles or I have a cat clogging.

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
my car does that too.... I gotta get my brothers tester to read the codes (mine has check engine too) I usually give it some gas and it warms up ok... but I have noticed a decrease in performance.. which leads me to believe something emissions related. Also, i get the freaky thing where to car will accel faster if I put the pedal down 1/4-1/2 the way down instead of to the floor.... Almost like the car bogs down if you floor it before 30 MPH... maybe a throttle positioning sensor... grrrr too many sensors...

Jonathan

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
Colin,

scary thought, but I got the car with 77,000 it has 99,600 on it and I have *gasp* never changed it....

I really should change it...

Jonathan

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
P.S. Welcome Colin, I see that was your first post here! Post away!

Jonathan

G

·
Might not be anything this simple, but we use to have the same problem and it was traced back to the fuel filters.

Our mechanic now changes air and fuel filters at each oil change, or around 2,500 miles. This is probably overkill, but we haven't had the problem since he started following this procedure.

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wouldnt the filter idea be present all the time. Once it's warm it clears up for the most part!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts