Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally had a change to clean up this old XY I picked up last week, and it looks absolutely super all clean and shiny.

I can't believe the positive response I've had from people all around the place as well, everyone seems to love it. I guess the site of a totally original XY Falcon must bring back fond memories for a lot of people. I know that the new car vinyl smell that this thing still has reminds me of my parents cars when I was growing up. It seems everyone I ran into had a story to tell.

I got to drive it a couple of times on the weekend whilst it was a little awkward compared to what I'm used to, with the column sift 3 speed manual, rolling suspension, heavy manual steering with the turning circle of an air craft carrier.

Even though I found my self doing about 20-30 km/h through my favourite round abouts that I was doing about 70-80 km/h through 2 weeks earlier in the Corvette, it didn't matter one little bit.

I had the biggest smile on my face that you just could not wipe off and I know exactly why... Put simply, because I'm driving a Ford again!!! :cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Meet a guy with two Xy GHTOs locked up in a shed yesterday. He got the first one before he could drive. His mum had to buy it for him because he didn't have a liecence!
He also has a new 300GTS and reckons the GTs would give it a run if it wasn't for all the wheel spin the old girls get!:D

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the same thing sometimes XA Coupe.

Some people are just damn lucky, and happen to be in the right place at the right time, most of the time.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
there is that .... sometimes I wish I was a tradie .. some of them earn big bucks ... even the **** tradies .. <sigh>:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
xy falcon, do you have icq?

if you do my number is 82021846 and i will crap on for hours about xy's. I also may have some parts & stuff if your after something.

Cheers

Botch:sleeping:

·
ex-Ford owner
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry botch, my work will not allow us to use ICQ, but feel free to email me any time at all ([email protected]).

I don't know a whole lot about XY's at this stage so any extra info would be much welcomed.

I'm also still formulating and investigating my future plans for this car, and I think have come up with a great goal to stive for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts