Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SnaggS said:
Thats an exe....... sure its not a virus ?
I am damn sure it is not a virus :fmad:

Why is it that wherever I go on the internet, that Virus scares that are to do with me invariably follow?? Is it that I am trusted less than Osama Bin Laden, is it because someone who knows a little bit about computers scares the illiterate people. Whatever it is I am sick of it! This is the second time on these forums since they started that someone has mentioned a virus in regards to something I did, both times I can assure you i was very much an innocent party. I have run that executable file on my own computer, would I do that if it was a virus, would I have posted it for everyone if it was a virus? I think not, please give me a little more credibility than that. An executable file does not mean a virus, all it means is the file is able to be run, and the program contained within it is able to be used. If i have to resort on getting innocent parties to download a file of the very forums which I moderate, and put a lot of my time, money and effort into, I must be a pretty sad individual, it is also the easiest way for me to be caught doing such things, it is hosted on my uni webspace for crying out loud!!! There are pelnty of other ways I could infect computers, if i wanted to at all, which I do not because my aim is to help people with computers, not hinder them as my past record of helping people out with computer problems over the forums has shown.
I despise the fact that this is happening to me here again and feel that if people don't have a little faith in one of the longest running members of this online community, that there is not much hope for us at all.
<marquee>

</marquee>

·
Australian Torana Member
46 Posts
Yeah it's clean I sent it to DK and it hasn't given me any dramas.

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
I didnt say you would KNOWINGLY post a virus.... its just that 99% of the population seem happy to run whatever attachment they receive in their email box....

Half of those funny flash looking games that people run install back orifice at the same time. Many people wouldn't even know, its not like it posts funny messages up like virus in the olden days.

If I was wanting to spread a current virus, a bin laden game would be the ideal delivery method. How do I know you didn't just get this file out of your work email, thought it was funny and just posted it up unwittingly ? Thats what I was asking.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe because if it was recieved in an email and i was that silly, i would have continued to pass it on in an email and not take the time to create a page from where to download it on, I am clearly not 99% of the population. I have and use Notron Antivirus 2002 which scans automatically every few days as well as scanning all downloaded files or emails when i recieve them. I am also aware of back orifice and what sort of damage it can do in the right hands.

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
heh, thats good, cause I dont have a virus checker, I just never open attachments :D

So does it have a virus or not ? LOL, just kidding

PS. How was I to know you werent 99% of ppl, I've just met you :CraZ:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I think DK woke up on the wrong side of the bed, maybe he was sleeping in a bunk bed... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p :D

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
priteshpatel99 said:
I think DK woke up on the wrong side of the bed, maybe he was sleeping in a bunk bed... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p :D
Actually i wrote that at something llike 2am this morning, and I hadn't even been to bed yet :p
As for bunk beds, in the uni dorm? I don't think so. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts