Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday,
Just got a new car and they have some 80% Yokohama A539's.
I was wondering what these tyres are like, etc.

Also wondering which are better:
- 80% Yokohama A539's 215's
or - 60% Kumho Powermax 215's

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks
Matt

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
the A539's are a fantastic tyre. Had them on my XR6 and want them again once the Dunlops wear out.

Keep them, they are great!!!!

·
Banned
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Project is over for now, toooo much work for the time-being, i though id save myself the trouble, while im after work, etc and get my self a car that is respectable enough. Lets face it, the Landcruiser doesnt cut it in the city. Its a working/country car through and through, not a city-driver.

Matt

·
MRXY8
6 Posts
Up untill recently i worked for a tyre co in sydney, Ive got 539's on my eb fairmont and while the milage is pretty low (although i got 45,000 kms out of my last set) in most cases and as soon as they wear a little they make some dreadfull noises, they are shit hot for grip, espically in the wet. Forget the kumhos, why would you use crap korean technology when you could have japanese quality!!!!!!! :chainsaw:

MRXY8

·
Dc_todd
141 Posts
I swear by the yokie A539's I got em on the front of my EF XR6 and you can just keep pushing em, I agree they are a little soft, but these tyres compromise very well with very confident grip and superb handling, also nice and quiet at speed campared to other tyres, a mate has had bot on his Clubsport and went back for the A539's again and again, even over S03's. in short LOVE EM'

·
Registered
249 Posts
A539's : a very good tyre for everyday driving, with quite a lot left over for enthusiastic punting. I am trying the Hankook silicon tyres at the moment, so far so good, but it is far too early to tell.

I would trust the A539's

They won the best replacement tyre in the Wheels test last year, and I put them on my son's car. I guess that says it all.

·
MRXY8
6 Posts
45,000kms = 42psi pressure, good wheel alignment and plenty of freeway/highway driving. simple as that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL
538 Posts
A539... by far the best grip and 'comfort' I've ever had in a tyre. BUT, also generated more noise than I could stand. I'd know a dozen or so people with them and believe it or not they don't seem to like the Fords or Magnas in the noise department (Commys no probs).

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
the 539 is a much better tyre than the kuhmo imo, so i reckon stick with them

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
mrxy8 said:
45,000kms = 42psi pressure, good wheel alignment and plenty of freeway/highway driving. simple as that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
42 psi :AAHHH:

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
AusCaRnAgEr said:
Gday,
Just got a new car and they have some 80% Yokohama A539's.
I was wondering what these tyres are like, etc.

Also wondering which are better:
- 80% Yokohama A539's 215's
or - 60% Kumho Powermax 215's

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks
Matt
if you decide you dont want the yokies anymore ill grab em

1 - 20 of 24 Posts