Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When are Ford going to kill those stupid "You'd Be Popular Too, If You Were A Ford Dealer " adds. They are STUPID !!!
Lets have some car adds, you know, car, what Ford builds. :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH: :AAHHH:

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Agreed!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Agree.. How about showing MORE CAR less salesmen.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
The new Territory ads on the radio are good, but what's the go with "Matthew Hayden's vehicle of choice"? How is that going to convince someone to buy it?

·
Zetec Is Better Than VTEC
184 Posts
Yeah dare i say the new camry add with the musical motor is better to watch than the ford salesmen.

·
Faster than Zyrtec
2,105 Posts
You'd be popular too. If you didnt complain! :wnc::nerner: (joking) Just got to remember that the majority of car sales go to people who couldnt care less about performace. As for the camry ad, its been done before, and done to death. As lame as the "you'd be popular" campaign is, its primarily used to highlight specials and sales on the ford range, rather than to serve as the backbone ad campaign. Although, I must say, the jingle gets a little aggrevating.

A better idea for an ad campaign would be a sped up time lapse of a falcon being built down the production line. Holden had one done for its 6 millionth vehicle, never went to commercial air, but quite an interesting clip to watch.

http://server-au.imrworldwide.com/c...au//images/sc18_downloads/videos/6Million.mpg

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
Well it goes from one extreme to the other - Ford show the sales aspect of things, Holden just chop and change everything in Australia to somehow make it reflect that Holden are by far the best car out....

The new Escape ad is a pretty poor effort, the RTV one was ok, but its getting old quickly, the GT one only ever made it on TV twice I think - probably the best so far has been the 'cant get enough of this' ones.

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
Meh I don't mind them...most people I come across hate them, but I don't mind them at all.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Aaah yes, the "dealer awareness" campaign.. one of the most comprehensive ways to waste advertising money...

Dear Ford Marketing :
Please look at how Mazda clawed their way back into the market - THROUGH IMPROVING THEIR FRIGGING PRODUCT, AND THEN ACTUALLY MARKETING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
What ever happens with these commercials, you gotta admit that some of them were pretty funny!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts