1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
3FB Younggun Afternoon Cruise/Dinner 31/1/04

Ladies & Gents, Lads & Lasses,

Whilst JR is still having home modem trouble and before anyone else forgets:

Our fellow FF and AU Preservationist member Younggun will be in Sydney for a fortnight beginning Jan 20th, and has asked if we could organise a cruise for him.

I know the Australia Day Weekend will rule that weekend out with the Albury Wodonga All Ford Day, so possibly a set date would be the weekend after.

Is anyone here interested and can come up with suggestions?

Cheers,

James

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
Re: Cruise request from Younggun

I dont want to be to much of a pain in the ass, but if anyone is interested, would say saturday 31st afternoon be to out of the way?? If no one has the time or can be bothered, thats cool, just wouldnt mind seeing a few of these beasts (and the cars to) while im up there!

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts

I'm up for it!

I was hoping that Darkie may have wanted one today. There was no sms so I went for a drive to Newcastle to give the car a run.

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts

Put me down as a probable. Should be free but will confirm closer to the date.

Jamie, ROFL @ "Running 6psi of camenbert" I'll have to shut my vents when travelling behind you! :p

·
You can do eeeit!
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ok, I'll lock in Saturday 31st January for a 3FB Crash Course in Cruising for Younggun.

Suggestions for cruise route and eating place peoples?

·
Crikey
2,014 Posts

Yeah we might be ok. Is younggun looking for a sight seeing cruise around the city or a cobweb clearing run?

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts

Blurter said:
Yeah we might be ok. Is younggun looking for a sight seeing cruise around the city or a cobweb clearing run?
Well, the Sydney Explorer is good for the former, while 3FB are good for the latter + other things. Take a pick! :fluffy:

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts

Blurter said:
COBWEB Clearing!

I have come to realise that the only thing more frustrating than not being able to get the XR6T up to boost due to Sydneys traffic, would be having a super model asking you for sex and not being able to get it up!

And even then, that's debatable!

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts

Jamie XR6 said:
I have come to realise that the only thing more frustrating than not being able to get the XR6T up to boost due to Sydneys traffic
Leave it in first gear moit and drive like da Brighton boiz moit and their homies moiiittt! Fully sick broly, yo. :p :s6: :wnc:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Count me in on this cruise guys.

·
Crikey
2,014 Posts
Ok sounds like the cobweb clearing is the go so try these for size,

A run through National Park, then to Albion Park via the old highway/expressway (the coast road is closed), up Macquarie Pass to Bowral for tea at one of the pubs. Home via the old highway or the back road through Buxton/Thirlmere/Picton (or do it in reverse direction), or we could go via the Appin Road to Picton via Broughton Pass then the old highway.

or

down to Bowral via Picton, have a snack somewhere? then through Kangaroo Valley via Mt Cambawarra to either Berry, Nowra or Kiama for tea. Fast run home via the expressway.

or

Bowral via Warragamba Dam (picnic grounds would be a good spot for pictures), Silverdale and Thirlmere if a shorter run is required.

How creative we get will depend on the meeting time. What do you think?

But if you do want a sight seeing cruise, there is nothing better than running to North Head and watching the sun go down before heading into Manly or somewhere further for tea.

·
3FB's Peter Pan!!!
777 Posts
Good suggestions there Blurter...count me in!! I was thinking maybe a start at Maccas M4 and a run out wallgrove and down to picton as a start etc but Im happy to go whereever!!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Some good suggestions there Blurter. definitly hanging out for a big 3fb cruise.
Well i vote for the cob web clearing run and a drive from M4 Maccas out to Warragamba dam and out to Bowral sounds great.

Will have new symthetic transmission fluid to test out in the ol T5 box. :wnc:

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
XR_Strider_GuY said:
Well i vote for the cob web clearing run and a drive from M4 Maccas out to Warragamba dam and out to Bowral sounds great.
/me concurs :wnc:

·
3FB Educator!
527 Posts
I am up for any of them!

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
Kangaroo Valley!!!!

I was going to take the Girlfriend down there the other week but went to Canberra instead.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts