Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You ever think about what you wanna buy after you sell your Ford? I thought about what to buy after my Probe, this is what I came up with:
First two options are either an M3 (95+ or new), or a third gen RX7. If I hit the jackpot in Atlantic City Ill get myself a Viper.
No matter what though, Im keeping the probe. Even if something happens (wouldnt be unpprecedented... check my sig.) Illstill replace it with a 95-97PGT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,859 Posts
The Bullitt Mustang, 68Shelby Mustang GTKR500 convt., and a Mazda RX-8. Those are the ones I'd like to have.
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, look whos on the board! Hey Stacy where have ya been man?
I like the first two (well youd have to get rid of the rims if you bought a Bullit) but a Mazda RX8?? man that car is plain ugly...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,859 Posts
UGLY!!!!!!!! That car is BA, 250+horses and I like the way it looks. BTW how's it going up their in the snow.:D
 

·
Mod/Multicar Member
Joined
·
149 Posts
the car i would like to get next would be a hudson. i dont care what year or model. seeing as there hard to come i will have to hold off for a little while longer. as soon as the snow melts i'm bringing home a 63 f100 to restore.
 

·
A-Team Member
Joined
·
263 Posts
my next car will probably be 4 doors :(

I am glad I am still in college for now.
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve, 4 door sedans suck (if your a college student and sports car guy). While the PGT is under construction Im driving a Maxima, its big, roomy, luxurious, comfortable and all, but its just soooo not my style. Ill probably end up flipping over in a turn thinking Im in the probe... :(
 
T

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like my next car to be a new Crown Vic sedan. What more do you want? Comfort, bulletproof drivetrain, good MPG, lots of mods. People in the left lane getting the hell outta the way when they see you coming. :) I'd just buy it and drive it forever, knowing it'd last that long. Love those cars.
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Texas Man said:
I'd like my next car to be a new Crown Vic sedan. What more do you want? Comfort, bulletproof drivetrain, good MPG, lots of mods. People in the left lane getting the hell outta the way when they see you coming. :) I'd just buy it and drive it forever, knowing it'd last that long. Love those cars.
UHmmm Good MPG?!?!? You call that good?
And over here no matter what you drive people never move out of the left lane. Hell people never even check their mirrors.... Even if a Turbo Porsche is on your a$$, youll still stay in the left lane drinking your coffe and shaving while speaking to your wife on the cell phone. New Yorkers are characters... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,859 Posts
ProbeBandit said:



And over here no matter what you drive people never move out of the left lane. Hell people never even check their mirrors.... Even if a Turbo Porsche is on your a$$, youll still stay in the left lane drinking your coffe and shaving while speaking to your wife on the cell phone. New Yorkers are characters... :D
Same thing goes on down here. Now I know where all the bad drivers come from.:D
 

·
Old Skool Member
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
The RX-8 is one of my choices too! The reason, it's got four doors, (but doesnt really look like it!), and it hauls balls! I really like how they designed the rear doors to swing open backwards, it allows the styling of a standard Sport Coupe, while allowing four door access. The RX-8 is SWEET, now I do agree, the concept was nasty looking, but the more true-to-life production version is going to be awesome!

But the car that I'm really pinching my pennies for, I'm going to put money down on one before they even come out, what is it? The new Nissan Z car! It's SWEET. 3.5L V6, 250+ Hp naturally aspirated, rear wheel drive, looks bad-ass, 6-speed... such a work of art. I love the Z car, and since the 90's Z's are hard to come by, I think I am going to go for one of these.

So it's a toss up between the Nissan Z, and the Mazda RX-8.

I have also thought about the Subaru WRX, it's cheap, has gobs of power, and is AWD which is great for me in AK not to mention it has four doors which would make a KILLER family car!

I have a feeling that my next car will not be a Ford, not that I hate them or anything, I LOVE FORD. It's just that they are not really offering anything sweet at the moment in terms of performance cars, other than the Mustang.
 
P

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pse1232 said:
My dream car is a Honda S2000
Bro hmmmm... how should I put this... a HONDA?!?!?!? :rolleyes: Have you NO SHAME? :D Sorry, just kidding, its just a little weird hearing a prober dreaming about a Honda... Anyways, i used to hate all Hondas (still do most of em) but the S2000 is all right. If you work on it you can make it look real nice! Kinda reminds me of the new Viper from the side (in smaller, shorter version of course). Only problem I heard: not enough torque...
 

·
Old Skool Member
Joined
·
1,031 Posts
That's why I would like to go with either a turbo-4, or a 6 cyl engine, because I love that torque. I'd trade torque for horsepower anyday, well most of the time. :)

It's nice to know that with the Probe V6 (3.0L for my example), it puts out a decent 160 ft lbs torque stock, not bad, the same as the 2.5L Mazda V6 I think. I think it's great that I have more torque than the Type-R, and all the Vtec engines. And with only slight modifications you can make the V6 as torQy as a turbo or a V8, all naturally aspirated.. so it's either V6, or 4-cyl turbo for me, NOTHING ELSE, wow, I'm babbling..
 

·
Explorer Member
Joined
·
53 Posts
I'd have to say my next cars will be a Porsche Boxster, a Hummer and a Chevelle SS - God am I random huh?
 

·
Probe Member
Joined
·
41 Posts
ProbeBandit said:


Bro hmmmm... how should I put this... a HONDA?!?!?!? :rolleyes: Have you NO SHAME? :D Sorry, just kidding, its just a little weird hearing a prober dreaming about a Honda... Anyways, i used to hate all Hondas (still do most of em) but the S2000 is all right. If you work on it you can make it look real nice! Kinda reminds me of the new Viper from the side (in smaller, shorter version of course). Only problem I heard: not enough torque...
dude, who needs torque when you got 240 horsepower at 8300 rpms... i just think thats amazing for a street car. call me a riceboy or whatever but i'd rather drive a high rpm screamer than a low torque monster, it would be more fun IMO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,859 Posts
pse1232 said:


dude, who needs torque when you got 240 horsepower at 8300 rpms... i just think thats amazing for a street car. call me a riceboy or whatever but i'd rather drive a high rpm screamer than a low torque monster, it would be more fun IMO
RICEBOY, RICEBOY, RICEBOY, RICEBOY j/k :D

The S-2000 is a good looking car I wouldn't mine having one.

The new Z-car is bada$$ as well. I wouldn't mine buying a new T-Bird, I love those retro looks.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top