Ford Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

pse1232 said:

dude, who needs torque when you got 240 horsepower at 8300 rpms... i just think thats amazing for a street car. call me a riceboy or whatever but i'd rather drive a high rpm screamer than a low torque monster, it would be more fun IMO
Dude, its cool, I kinda like it myself, I just wuldnt buy one cuz its a Honda. But, I promise I wont call you riceboy unless you get a Civic or CRX.
Besides, I admit I just recently started thinking about an import, a new 2001 Eclipse GT. I even considered buying it, gathered all the info, calculated the price with all the extras i need and I was surprised it came out to be only $23800 for a brand new Eclipse GT with a 5 speed, leather, sound option and sunroof. Not bad...
At first I hated the new Eclipse when it came out but it just grew on me as I saw a couple on the street. But Im not selling my Probe, Im keeping it till the next accident or 3-4 years. If I dont have the money for the new M3 then, than its time for an Eclipse...

·
Thunderbird Member
26 Posts
RICEBOYS!!

I'm gonna have to start callin y'all RICEBOYS pretty soon! Did we forget where the Probe came from originally? Does MX-6 sound familiar?! LOL!! Just kidding guys! It's ok to drive an import I suppose....I've owned 2 Preludes in the past and loved that fact that I could put over 200k miles on them both without ever having to work on 'em! My neighbor has new Eclipse...thinks it's a real street machine, too. Nice looking, and not a bad performer, but that "Fart Pipe" exhaust has GOTTA go!! I'm sure glad my T-Bird isn't that obnoxious and stupid looking! Nothing like a 6" chrome water pipe hanging out the butt of your car!

Just my $.02

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Re: RICEBOYS!!

BirdNatic said:
I'm gonna have to start callin y'all RICEBOYS pretty soon! Did we forget where the Probe came from originally? Does MX-6 sound familiar?! LOL!! Just kidding guys! It's ok to drive an import I suppose
Both of those cars came from the 626 format. Thanks for playing and please try again. :D

Ya, some of those exhaust do sound like a high revving sewing machine or high revving lawn mowers.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Hey ProbeBandit, if you like the new Eclipse V6 GT, you should also check out the Dodge Stratus R/T! I almost took one for a test drive the other day, I suppose I should have. But it's basically the same thing as the Eclipse GT, 3.0L V6 195hp, 205tq!! :):) 5-speed, cd, sunroof, etc etc (and I think it looks better! the stratus R/T taillights are SWEET), and it all came to about the same price as the Eclipse.

Stratus R/T, very nice.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My dream car is a Mustang Cobra. I currently have a GT but my next Stang will be the 2005 or 06 Cobra if things go as planned.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Vulcan Power said:
Hey ProbeBandit, if you like the new Eclipse V6 GT, you should also check out the Dodge Stratus R/T! I almost took one for a test drive the other day, I suppose I should have. But it's basically the same thing as the Eclipse GT, 3.0L V6 195hp, 205tq!! :):) 5-speed, cd, sunroof, etc etc (and I think it looks better! the stratus R/T taillights are SWEET), and it all came to about the same price as the Eclipse.

Stratus R/T, very nice.
Ill have to check that out. I thought about it for one or two days, but its really not time for it now, so it wont happen unless I wreck one more car. IM keeping the Probe till the wheels fall off, even if I get something else I still wont sell it...

·
Contour SVT Member
6 Posts
If my Contour were to get stolen tonight, I'd probably end up in a Jetta VR6. There is just no market for my SVT. However, once it is paid off, the RX-8 looks very appetizing. I already have 2 RX-7s. But, I bet the next vehicle I/my wife buys will be an SUV. Maybe Grand Cherokee LTD, maybe Explorer.

I will get my BMW using the Euro delivery program before I turn 35, though.

·
Thunderbird Member
26 Posts
one last dream....

Ok..ok...one last dream-machine. IF I were to all of a sudden become incredibly wealthy by some strange twist of fate, here is my weekend warrior of choice: Saleen S7... http://www.saleen.com/Auto/S7/s7.htm Extremely unpractical, fast and expensive....hmmmm...the PERFECT car!! :damack:

·
Lincoln Town Car Member
61 Posts
Uhmm, sorry for being ignorant if I'm wrong, but isn't Saleen incredibly connected with Ford, and some performance parts for their supermachine are actualy done by Ford?

just wondering..... they kinda looked good in the American Le Mans series, if I were a racer I'd want to race one of those perhaps!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
hmmm, I would start of with a Pt Cruizer Rwd and the new Hemi,
a Dodge Viper
the new Dakota RT when it gets teh Hemi,
Or a new Mopar 2dr Muscle Car with a V8,
A Lacner Evo 7
Subaru WRX STI
Mini Cooper

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ive been thinking about an old Mercedes lately for daily driver, ya know one of those two door SECs. I always loved those cars, I grew up in a Mercedes crazy environment, even my father would like it for once if I actually bought one...
But in the future, Ill probably get a 95+ M3 first and than move on to a new one. The 2001 M3 would be just perfect for me. Of course Ill need an SUV and a speedbike, and Ill keep probey too. :damack:

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
APT CSVT said:
There is just no market for my SVT. However, once it is paid off, the RX-8 looks very appetizing. I already have 2 RX-7s.
Well I can relate to that, no aftermarket. RX-8 good choice. If your wife does buy a SUV do not get the Cherokee. It's junk big heavy junk.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts