1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in your thoughts on the following;

1) Tickford NOT producing anymore XR Series after 2003

2) The Demise of the T Series Range

3) What is the New Color Scheme that Ford will bring out for the New Model?

My thoughts would be that the XR Range is the only thing that has kept the Tickford Name running so long and the T series has been nothing but an embarisment to Ford.

The Color Scheme is a tricy one though!, beats me what they will introduce

G

·
0 Posts
Not too concerned as long they continue producing performance cars probably with a different name that are affordable.

T series no sad loss. BRING BACK THE GT!

Colours I hope there would be more variety as long they're not too daggy.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
1) If Tickford don't produce the XR series it should go to ford to produce so tickford can concentrate in the T series

2) T Series should stay, get some decent motorvation and they will sell quite well, they need to put a bit more effort into selling these cars...

3) You tell me and we'll both know, I would like to see a return of a gold style colour though (Like whats on my XF) Paint code "W" named "Olympic Gold Metallic"

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Once the T series have a decent Motor I can't see why they can't sell. Ford should do a lot of advertising just to get the name out in the public car buying arena, only car people really know what the T series cars are at the moment.

·
Administrator
5,090 Posts
I don't think you are giving The T series enough time. I think it will build in popularity if Ford's image improves as i'm sure it will with more POWER on tap. Ford's image and the T series go hand in hand. I should have said the Falcons image and the T series go hand in hand.Improve Falcon's image and you'll see the top line get popular.Keep Tickford rockin .

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Hmm... here goes..

1. Ford would want to be on the ball to take over the XR Series. I wouldn't mind if Tickford wern't involved as long as Ford put the same kind of effort into the Falcon XR name.

2. T- Series, Fte, or equivalent is needed, with the correct advertising/exposure/MERCHANDISE!!. HSV cannot be allowed to run riot in this segment alone. Look at what's happened in 10 years since HSV was launched. Leave them go any longer and you have a bigger headache than what you have now.

3. As for new colours, give me the FTR blue. Ohhh baby is that a sweet colour. XR8, full body kit, FTR blue. Yeah, Yeah!! :D :thumbup:

T

·
0 Posts
I agree with the above, did I mention Fred Gibson should get involved. if anyone mentions Allan Moffat, I'll deck them when I see them in Mel.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
How about the silver on Lowndes car.
Whatever happened to the old Gun Metal Grey that was all the go on the EF XR's, do they still have it?. I know of a charcoal color on the current Falcon but is it the same.

T

·
0 Posts
adam I know the gun metal you mean, another good colour is gun metal blue. get a sober spraypainter to do it right and it comes out a %1000. other wise you get what looks like different shading on the panels.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
if anyone mentions Allan Moffat, I'll deck them when I see them in Mel.
Why? Is there any specific reason why you don't like moffat Doc?? :confused:

T

·
0 Posts
I had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting this guy, at eastern creek just after it first opened. we were out there with one of the drag cars, just as a promotional gig, when Allan "Im so far up my arse" Moffat turns up.

Bob warned me about him, but I spoke to him anyway, this guy is the most self opinionated jerk you could ever meet. As DJ said to me later at the creek Mr Moffat is not liked by other drivers either. As you know Dick speaks his mind.

When you suggested the GT make a comeback I immediately thought of Moffat.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Fair enough. I've never met him so I don't know what he's like. I saw him at the Tickford day but didn't say g'day...

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Id like to see a Cobolt blue type colour if not the gold off the Xplod.

I think that by the time we get through the next couple of T Series models and they are genuienly taking the fight upto HSV in speed and sales we {Ford enthusiasts} will have alot more time for the T Series and finnaly will be able to see them as a step above the XRs. Selling a GTHO, a super hot 6 aswell as real T Series, some blown Coupes and the Mustang and dropping the Cougar will have people realising that anything out of an FTE showroom deserves respect. As said before FTE needs race marketing. They will need different looks too.

XRs i think will be the car to buy for majority of buyers after Ford wins in racing. As we know much better engines are now needed for the XR6s and once they get them they will do really well as will the XR8. These cars are already recognised as part of the Falcon lineup which is a top sign.

HSVs are seen as virtually a totally different company to Holden which is why HSV get so touchy every time the new SS is classed as getting towards the agressiveness of a Clubsport. FTE is seen as what? We can only hope that the above vehicles will seperate the confusion which will be hard considering they are caught in between FTE,Tickford and Ford its not as simple as Holden OR HSV.

How about FTE getting some good looking badges with a much more agressive eagle on it that say FTE and only come on the T Series and GTs and even Mustang and the Coupe could be the first if its sold through FTE. It would be the simpliest way to get the FTE name associated with the HOTEST Fords that money can buy and would earn even more respect than the Tickford badge which wont be seen as anything less than it is already because it will still be on XRs which will always do well provided they look good,go hard,handle well and are affordable and appart from a few T Series and GTs of old its all theyve been on anyway. Perhaps get some numbers like HSVs also 260i,300i etc. Alot of people fall for that. Dont want to go on but i think very well desighned FTE badges with the eagle will do a damn lot to unconfue the brands of course the cars have to be better for the badge to be better.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
laminge said:
I would be interested in your thoughts on the following;

1) Tickford NOT producing anymore XR Series after 2003

2) The Demise of the T Series Range

3) What is the New Color Scheme that Ford will bring out for the New Model?

My thoughts would be that the XR Range is the only thing that has kept the Tickford Name running so long and the T series has been nothing but an embarisment to Ford.

The Color Scheme is a tricy one though!, beats me what they will introduce
You have me wondering what Tickford would be doing if points 1 and 2 came to fact:confused:

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
171 Posts
dammit keep the T-Series range, it looks mad, and personally i like the look of it far more than the XR's (no one else feels this way it seems).

I would like to see an affordable performance car within the Ford range, that does not have all the spoilers, and hyped-up fronts etc.
o well that's me

cya

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
THE DOCTOR said:
I had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting this guy, at eastern creek just after it first opened...............
Yes I too met this PRI-- of an individual at the Tickford Day. He had the nerve to come and sit in the XR Tent to get of the sun and tell our members to get out of the way for him.

What a stuck up ----. and he's a ------ ----- ---- ----, and he can go ---- -----, and whats more my best friend used to baby sit his kid years ago, and she recons hes a ----

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

No more mention of his name please!:gok:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DR XR said:
...I think very well designed FTE badges with the eagle...
NNNOOOOooooo!! It's a Falcon!!! not an Eagle!!!! :rolleyes:

I take it M****tt is a bit of a prick then??... :wink2:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts