Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Phatzc
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would you guys recommend ive got a 351 windsor with duel exhaust currently with standard manifolds..... wanting to put a set of extractors on either pacemaker or redline, (pacemakers $489 - redline $399) but i have a column auto which hinders my ambitions for a moment can the linkage be modified in some way ... has anyone done it?

also i was just going to have the current exhaust mated with the extractors i think its a 2 inch exhaust, would anyone see problems with that?

Which brand would be recommended as well?.....

thanks any ideas would be appreciated........ :driver:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've got a linkage like thay modified on the XY Ute to clear the 250 extractors - it's pretty straightforward - just cut the linkage rod on aech side and add a couple of pieces of flat bar to space the middle of the rod down...

The exhaust shop did it when they put the extractors on.

·
Registered
216 Posts
yeah that has happend to mine as well as I have had to do the same thing when dumming my motor gearbox extractor locations. I have the Pacemaker Tunedlength the try y's shouldnt need as much if any modification..if that helps ya.
But in saying that mine is a 350W(347+30tho) stroker not a 351.
But I have kept the collum shifter.

·
Classic not Plastic!
45 Posts
Hey DMAX, yours should be a Clevo though yeah?

Hey Phat ZC, have you had much trouble with your linkages becoming worn etc? Like jumping out of park?
On my ZD when I fitted my tri Y's to my 302 windsor, I did it myself, I had to slightly bend the collectors but apart from that they went in great. Until... I went to put it into Park, the rod hits the extractors. One thing I am looking at doing is fitting a T-Bar (I reckon its just easier and looks better), no one knows why but aparrantly they just go better ha ha ha

·
Phatzc
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am having trouble with the linkages the bloody thing wont go into park sometimes, but as long as it doesnt happen in the blue slip she'll be right

and yea i thought about converting it to a top loader but i cant be bothered and i like the column its old school hehehe ;) ill try and work out the problem with the linkages

hey rhett when you put in the pacemakers did you notice better performance and grumble when you hit the load pedal

·
Classic not Plastic!
45 Posts
Will have a look at it and see if I can adjust mine.

When I stuck on the pacemakers, It made a slight difference, mainly in torque but I believe it actually sounded better with the old manifolds on as when driving and backing off and even dropping it back, it had a crackle, nice and mean, now it doesn't and its too even. But other people like it more now, its more a personal preference I think. I am thinking of crimping the balance pipe until I can afford a new exhaust. O

ne thing we did though was start it up and hear it before connecting the exhaust up, it had an awesome note (loud as all f*** though) so I reckon I would put in two (one either side) lukey glass packed hotdogs or resonators to give it a real deep presence. I reckon you can get away with that being a bit too loud and potentially droney as when your driving the car it has so much sound deadening you can hardly hear anything outside! I just love everything about the old girl.

You say yours is a 351w, ever have any trouble with the rockers coming loose?

·
Phatzc
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks for the info ill decide if ill buy them yet, well do u reckon there worth the money?

nuh ive had the car off the road since i bought it, only driving it around the block every now and then to give it a run... but no problems with it so far

·
Classic not Plastic!
45 Posts
Personally, thats 400 plus dollars that could be better spent else where. The seat of pants improvement is slight so is economy etc.

So your motor runs quet as a mouse?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts