Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Latest Zoom magazine has a good technical article on the 300+ Coupe drivetrain. Has lots of technical mumbo jumbo about the motor in particular.:eek:
It's interesting to note in the article they mention a few times "when it goes into production" - I wonder if the article was written before Ford officially pulled the pin or Millard/AEC are going to produce some themselves?

·
Australian Ford Member
252 Posts
Forget it. But yu can build one of your own. Geta Hillier coupe and ship it to Herrods... that's a start!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
IIV8II said:
Forget it. But yu can build one of your own. Geta Hillier coupe and ship it to Herrods... that's a start!
When the Monaro comes out soon, I'm sure FMC will be jumping up and down because of the fact that they did'nt do the right thing and stick the project into development.
Once again we'll be playing "catch-up"
:(

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
It seems the Hillier Bros have bought the infamous Falcon Kebab ( the station wagon that was skewed through a barrier).
I wonder what plans they have for it.:eek: :eek: :nuts:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
When the Monaro comes out soon, I'm sure FMC will be jumping up and down because of the fact that they did'nt do the right thing and stick the project into development.
Once again we'll be playing "catch-up"
:(
I might be in the minority here but I think Ford made a smart move by not doing the coupe. Coupes just don't sit all that well with the motoring public. Four door sedans are what we want. Sure the Monaro will sell initially but how long will it last in the showrooms?? I give it 4-5 years tops.. What after that?
Holden have already stated the the Monaro will not be a money spinner.. so what's the point of Ford doing one with the way their finances are at the moment? It'd be suicide plain and simple..

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Guys,

I read the latest zoom mag about the Falcon 300+ Coupe. What amazes me is the fact the 4.6 Cobra block was left alone, untouched and managed to get over 300kw. I say thats a damn good engine, and in the future will join the ranks of top engines like the Windsor and Cleveland V8's.

They used this engine in one of Britains sports car exotics called the Spectre R42.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts